At Viamo, we are using technology to better connect global communities with information and with one another. Join us in amplifying the voices of millions of people while investing in your skills.
What does it mean to work at Viamo?
Our multi-disciplinary team is unwavering in their commitment. We are tackling one of the world’s toughest problems, connecting organizations with nearly 4 billion people living in low-resource settings in a meaningful, respectful and equitable manner. And we are doing this on a global scale.
As a diverse, inclusive team of individuals with a variety of skills and experiences, we share the common value of creating impact and transforming lives. Utilizing mobile technology, we work together to provide interactive, targeted and measurable mobile engagement services to organizations serving remote communities. We strive to hire dynamic talent in order to deliver our services efficiently, creatively and nimbly.
Work with us
Three reasons why you should work at Viamo
1. Make impact
- Over 30 million people used Viamo’s technology in one year, you will build scalable tech that helps transform millions of lives
- You will work with a diverse and like-minded team to leverage cutting-edge technology that makes a direct impact in low-resourced communities
- You will work with credible NGOs, corporations and international governments
2. Be a part of a diverse, global team
- Learn and grow with world-class engineers and development experts in ICT4D
- We are made up of the communities we work with internationally, covering nearly 30 time zones
- Meaningful project opportunities that change the society with mobile technology
3. We put the human in human resources
- We have flexible work hours, remote work opportunities and unlimited (and encouraged) vacation
- We prioritize autonomy and responsibility for every team member
- We have a startup spirit, we try new work styles to improve our productivity
“Working at Viamo to me means firstly joining forces with people who share a deep desire to empower, especially marginalized populations, with important information that they would otherwise not access. Then it is also about collaborating, learning and building relationships with a diverse team, from all walks of life and spread across the world.”
– Fabrice, Mozambique Director of Programs
“I have been working at Viamo for almost 5 years and I could not imagine a better workplace and a team vibe! Our daily work is dynamic, we strive to innovate, experiment, implement digital services in some of the most difficult contexts and keep the focus on the impact for our end-users.”
– Monika, Regional Implementation Manager
“I have found Viamo to be the only organization that has truly been able to put impact to its end-users before any commercial benefits while running sustainable platforms. The freedom to continuously innovate and test new ideas every day is what drives me. ”
– Obaid, User Experience Manager
“I enjoy working at Viamo because you dip your toes into diverse sectors, serving several groups of end-users all with different needs and preferences but at the end of the day, they have access to information that can help them change their lives and foster wellbeing. ”
– Mercy, Kenya & Somalia Country Director
If you are…
- Passionate about the potential for technology to create social change
- An engineer or tech specialist looking for more meaningful global impact
- Aware of the challenges of working in emerging markets and are eager to tackle them
- Hungry for a dynamic environment where you can take ownership of your work and be part of a global team
Let’s get to know each other! Check out our current openings and apply now.